Applications must include all of the following (A and B):
A. Submission by email to competition (at) helsinkichamberchoir (dot) fi:
1. An unperformed and unpublished work composed by the applicant for an a cappella choir of 8-12 singers (maximum 3 singers each of sopranos, altos, tenors and basses), 4-6 minutes in duration. This work must be submitted as a PDF document with A4 size pages. The score must not be marked with the applicant’s name or any other indication that might allow the selection panel to identify the applicant; instead, a pseudonym must be used. Two hard copies of the same work must also be sent by post (see section 6 below).
2. A good quality photograph taken in the last six months.
3. A scan of the photo page of the applicant’s passport showing the applicant’s date of birth.
4. The recording and score of a vocal or instrumental work composed by the applicant. The work may include electronic elements but must be performable first and foremost by live musicians. The score should be sent as a PDF document. The recording may be submitted as a Dropbox or Youtube link. The recordings and scores should not include the applicant’s name or any other indication that might allow the selection panel to identify the applicant; instead, the same pseudonym as in section 1 must be used. Two hard copies of the score of the same work must also be sent by post (see section 7 below). It is also possible to send the recording as a CD by post rather than as a link.
B. Submission by post to the Competition address:
5. A completed and signed application form. You can download the application form here.
6. Two hard copies of the score of the a cappella choral work mentioned in section 1 above, identical with the PDF version. The hard copies must be submitted on A4 size paper.
7. Two hard copies of the score of the vocal or instrumental work mentioned in section 4 above, identical with the PDF version.
8. A signed letter of recommendation from a musician of renown (this may also be the applicant’s teacher).
There is no application fee.
Please note that the material sent by post will not be returned.
Applications should be sent to the Competition address to arrive no later than 31 August 2015:
International Einojuhani Rautavaara Competition
Helsingin kamarikuoron kannatusyhdistys ry
For enquiries about the Rautavaara Workshop and Competition, please contact the Competition Manager, Martti Anttila:
competition (at) helsinkichamberchoir (dot) fi